GRAND FORKS FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPOND TO RESTAURANT FIRE

At approximately 2:28 pm on Monday, September 13, 2021, the Grand Forks Fire Department was dispatched to DogMahal DogHaus at 305 N. Washington St. for a report of smoke coming from the roof.

Fire crews arrived on the scene, located, and quickly extinguished a fire coming from a non-vented fryer. The building was unoccupied at the time. Fire damages were contained to the cooking appliance itself. The contents of the building had minor damage from the smoke and the dry chemical extinguisher used. Total damages are estimated under $10,000. The fire has been classified as unintentional, with the cause being a non-vented fryer that was left on.

The Grand Forks Fire Department responded with four engines, one truck, and one command vehicle with seventeen personnel. There were no injuries to the fire department personnel. The Grand Forks Fire Department was assisted by the Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance.