CHIMNEY FIRE REPORTED IN MENTOR

On Saturday, January 2 at approximately 10:10 pm, the Polk County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a chimney fire at 15647 Sandy Beach Road SE in Mentor.

Upon arrival, Mentor Fire had extinguished the chimney fire. The owner and his wife arrived home shortly after the initial report.  No injuries were reported. There was minor damage to the home.

No other information will be released at this time. This report will be followed up by the State Fire Marshall.

Also assisting was County EMS.