The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today Highway 75 will be closed to traffic through Hendrum. Unsafe working conditions prompted the closure which will continue until further notice. Motorists are advised to drive safely in works zones and watch for construction crews.
The overall detour for motorists traveling Highway 75 is:
- Halstad- County Roads 10, 19 and 21
- Hendrum- Hwy 75 open to Hwy 200
The upcoming public meetings will take place Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m.
- Halstad- (October 22) at the Legion Recreation Center, 580 Second Avenue West
- Hendrum- (October 15, 29) at the Civic Center/Fire Hall, 308 Main Street East
The project features:
- Highway grade raise
- Concrete resurfacing
- Construction of turn lanes
- Installation of highway lighting
- Sidewalk replacement
- Pedestrian accessibility improvements
- Culvert replacement
- Storm sewer, curb and gutter upgrades
Spruce Valley Corporation is the contractor for the $8 million project. It is expected to last through November, weather permitting. Visit the website for additional details and detour maps at mndot.gov/d2/projects/2019/hwy75-hendrum-halstad.