THE OX CART DAYS MEDALLION HAS BEEN FOUND
Jen Walz found the Medallion on Friday night in the parking lot behind Willow and Ivy
2017 OX CART DAYS CROOKSTON DAILY TIMES/UMC ADMISSIONS MEDALLION HUNT
The first clue to help searchers locate the special Ox Cart
Medallion, hidden somewhere in Crookston, will be Wednesday, August 16, at 4:45 at the UMC Ice Cream Social as well as on the radio via KROX Radio and
www.kroxam.com and in print from the
Crookston Daily Times. Each day KROX Radio/www.kroxam.com and the Crookston Daily Times will
publish a new clue at 2:00 PM until it is found.
Searchers are asked to follow these guidelines in the Medallion Hunt:
1) The special Ox Cart Medallion is engraved, clearly indicating it is the official 2017 Medallion. Searchers will know when they’ve found the real thing!
2) The Medallion will be hidden above ground, so no digging is required. In other words, you won’t find it buried in your neighbor’s back yard.
3) Searchers should read and listen carefully for the clues as given through the local media. Please do not call KROX or the Crookston Times, as they do not know where the medallion is hidden.
4) When the Medallion is found, take it to the Crookston Daily Times office (or call the Times at 281-2730 or after hours call 280-0771) for the $200 cash prize, a one year subscription to the Crookston Times, and a UMC gift basket.
5) Be respectful of the places you are searching, whether around businesses, neighborhoods, or parks – please avoid trampling flowers and shrubs.
6) Think creatively and have fun as you look for the 2017 Ox Cart Medallion!
2017 OX CART DAYS MEDALLION CLUES
Clues will be posted and read at 10:35 AM each day (starting Thursday)
1. Wednesday - Are you fired up? Yes we're fired up. Cheerleaders, fireman, people at home with fire pits are fired up for this years Oxcart medallion hunt. I don't want to be blunt, so start searching now so you can be in the front.
2. Thursday - When searching the town look up and down. The medallion is in a place to be found. So park your car and get out and walk. Be like that high school jock.
3. Friday - Many tenants have been in this space. When you think about it, this is a race. Don't go to fast and get stuck in jail, cuz the money you win will have to be used for bail.
4. Saturday - Park and Rec was once in the back of this place. You may have parked your car here to go to church. Converge on this parking lot and you'll be able to splurge. The medallion will be found and the prize money will be yours.
(Since August 12, 2015)